IELTS is the world’s most popular English language proficiency test with two million tests taken in the last year.
Taking IELTS opens doors – it can help you live, study and work in 135 countries around the world. More than 8,000 organisations worldwide accept IELTS, including government, academic and employment institutions- including over 3,000 institutions and programs in the USA. In fact, IELTS is the only English language test accepted for immigration purposes by all countries that require one.
The IELTS test is designed to help you use English in your new life abroad. In less than three hours, it will assess all of your English skills: listening, reading, writing and speaking. The most effective way of testing your English conversation skills is face-to-face. IELTS is the most widely accepted English language test with a one-on-one speaking test to assess your English language communication skills.
Designed by experts in English language assessment and trusted around the world, you can be sure that IELTS will give a fair and consistent assessment of your English skills.
Why take IELTS with the British Council?
The British Council has more than 75 years’ experience teaching and testing English. We have helped people in more than130 countries gain English language qualifications that help them make the most of their chances in life.
Here are just a few reasons why millions of people have taken IELTS with the British Council:
- Expert support: from videos and books to face-to-face and online interactive courses, you have access to the best preparation materials to help you do well in your test.
- Free resources: Road to IELTS is the British Council’s popular online preparation course. When you register for an IELTS test with us you also get access to 30 hours of free online practice materials.
- Convenient dates and locations: we have more than 500 test locations in over 100 countries.This means that you have a huge range of options for where and when you can take your test. In Libya we offer 24 different exam dates in Tripoli throughout the year.
- Easy booking: you can book your IELTS test online and take advantage of flexible payment options.
- Fast results: we guarantee you will be able to see your results online within just 13 days of the date you take your test.
- Special arrangements: your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any disability or special needs that you may have. Find out more about how we can facilitate your special arrangements. Please note, you will need a medical certificate issued within the last two years at the time of registration.
IELTS for organisations
We offer our one-stop services to companies and organisations who plan to provide English language develop schemes to their employees. Our services include one day IELTS workshops and IELTS group registration, aiming to support you on delivering high quality English training courses and IELTS test arrangement.
What are the benefits to your company?
- You can choose the most suitable test dates from our annual calendar.
- Your employees can enjoy the convenience of registering at your own premises and sitting the test at main test venue with full facilities.
- Your employees will have free access to IELTS online preparation material and academic support if required.
For further information, please contact us.