Career Information, Advisory, Guidance (CIAG) services- Senior Expert
The British Council is seeking to sign a consultancy agreement with a CIAG Senior Expert. The overall purpose of the works under these TOR is to strengthen the development of career information, advisory and guidance services (CIAG) across Libya. The team of consultants will identify and consolidate existing initiatives in the area of CIAG and building a concise network of job market information, initially at local/ regional level in up to four selected areas.
|Location||The successful candidate will be based in the British Council Tripoli office and is expected to deliver through both remote management and field missions as required.|
|Closing date||Saturday 30 January 2021|
The works will be undertaken by a team consisting of one Senior Non-Key-Expert (SNKE) who is leading the spectrum of works and guiding the CIAG Non-Key- Expert (JNKE). The team of NKEs will work closely with and be supported by the (Libya based) Deputy Team Leader and will report to the (Tunis based) Team Leader. Further support is anticipated from the national stakeholders.
Scope of works:
- Design the mapping methodology (target sample of interviewees, documents for desk research and questionnaires) to be used as basic orientation;
- Support the creation of two to four Careers Information, Advice and Guidance (CIAG) Networks and Hubs (one in each geographic cluster) seeking linkages with the identified Centres of Excellence TVET institutes
- Support selected stakeholders, including TVET institution managers, teachers, employer representatives and local careers guidance practitioners in the efficient delivery of effective assistance on career information, advice and guidance (CIAG) for young people ;
- Support the creation and strengthening of CIAG services for students at all levels of formal education, and cooperate with those on information sharing concerning occupations and related job prospects
- Support the CIAG expert in the development of a sustainability plan for the CIAG networks and hubs in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders, including finalisation of the works on the development of a CIAG manual/ toolkit and its dissemination
- Ensure close collaboration with the Project’s Communication & Visibility specialists. In addition, the CIAG supporting team will ensure that in all work areas principles of gender equality, awareness, and gender mainstreaming will be fully adhered to;
- Document all works in an M&E report, including lessons learned with the support of the CIAG expert.
How to apply
Please download the terms of reference for more details on the scope of work. If you are interested in this vacancy, kindly submit your application by 30 January 2021
Your Application should include the following:
- Your CV
- A supporting statement highlighting how your experience and skills match the requirements of the assignment
- Applications should be submitted in English and by email to HRlibya@ly.britishcouncil.org
- Please mention the Role applying to in the email subject
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.