Teaching for Success is the British Council’s approach to teacher development in state education systems. Our vision is that:
"All teachers in the world have high-quality continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities that improve their own practice and their learners’ success."
What’s the aim of Teaching for Success Libya?
Our Teaching for Success programme focuses on equipping English teachers with the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to teach more effectively and adopt a student-centred, activity-based classroom approach that will help their students learn English and develop the core skills they will need throughout life
English for Teaching 1, 2 & 3
English for Teaching (EfT) is part of the Teaching for Success programme. These three courses are for in-service English language teachers who want to improve both their English language and teaching skills. The courses enable teachers to build confidence through practising language in teaching-related contexts and combine language learning with the development of teaching skills. The courses are free of charge.
What are the benefits?
By taking the English for Teaching courses, you will:
- improve your teaching skills
- practice and improve your English language skills
- learn to make effective use of teaching aids
- develop learner-centred teaching skills
- learn to reflect on your teaching
- understand the learning process
- receive a certificate of completion from the British Council
Each course is divided into 3 parts and each part lasts around 2 months. The Training programme includes:
- Live Zoom sessions
- Self-study modules
- Short assignments
- Discussion forums
Courses will begin in October 2023 and will last for approximately 2 months. The course will be delivered completely online, and lessons will be both synchronous and asynchronous. English teachers on the courses will complete online training modules in their own time supported by expert trainers and teacher educators. There will be 3 live sessions via Zoom as well. Course participants will engage with each other and their e-moderator in the discussion forums.
Note: There may be an optional face-to-face orientation meeting at the start of the programme to familiarize teachers with the course and the platform and to answer their questions.
To participate in this capacity-building programme, English teachers must meet the following requirements
- be a state schoolteacher (primary or secondary) or an inspector.
- be currently working in a state school classroom and not be a substitute teacher
- have access to good internet
- be motivated and eager to commit to completing the training
- have an email account that is checked on a regular basis
- have WhatsApp installed on their phones that it is checked regularly
- be familiar with using technology and Zoom for the online sessions.
Although the course can be accessed using a smartphone, it is highly recommended to use a laptop or tablet as the training experience is enhanced.
How to Apply
If you are interested in developing your teaching career through this online course with the British Council and you meet all the above requirements, please click on 'Apply now' to fill in the application form. It will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
Application deadline: 11:00 pm Libya time Monday 12 June 2023
Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be considered. Please submit your application early to avoid any technical issues.
Due to the volume of applications, only the selected teachers will be contacted. Successful applicants will be notified by 15 August 2023.