Invigilator - hourly paid
The British Council is recruiting venue staff to ensure that the test administered by the British Council runs smoothly on the test day and that all assigned test day duties and standards are met. The posts are open only for Libya Nationals.
|Thursday 15 February 2024
Direct invigilation and administration of British Council Examinations according to exam board and British Council QCA (Quality Compliance and Assurance) in Libya;
- Provide support to the administration and implementation of examinations.
- Information provision and excellent customer service
The post holder should be able to deal with complex information, should have excellent customer care, interpersonal skills, team working spirit, good attention to details and able to meet deadlines to a schedule. He or she should also be computer literate.
Context and environment
This post holder will contribute to the administration of examinations activity for British Council Libya examinations team.
An invigilator is someone who is appointed by the British Council to be responsible for:
- providing services required by the examining boards
- conducting exams in the presence of candidates.
- ensure all candidates have an equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
- ensure the security of the exam before, during and after the exam.
- prevent possible candidate malpractice.
- prevent possible administrative failures and using speak up policy.
- ensure that the exam hall is prepared according to the rules and regulations.
You will be accountable for maintaining the integrity and reputation of the British Council and the various examination boards by ensuring that tests are delivered to prescribed standards for customer service, security and administration. You will also be accountable for promoting a positive image of the British Council by providing a high standard of customer care on the test day.
The invigilator will work under the direction of the supervisor the and the venue manager.
How to apply
- Read the attached documents to understand more about the vacancy.
- Fill all mandatory fields in the Application Form by the 15 February 2024.
- Click here to go to the form.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted, regretfully your application has not been taken any further. Short-listing can take up to four weeks to complete.
Closing time: 15 February 2024 23:59 Libya Time.
Invigilator role profile can be found below: