Book your exam and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You will take your test at one of our official test centres (on paper or computer). All you need is a valid identification document.
|Test type||Fee||Booking link|
|IELTS Academic - on paper or computer||1700 LYD||Book now|
|IELTS General Training - on paper or computer||1700 LYD||Book now|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||1700 LYD||Book now|
|IELTS Life Skills tests are not available in Libya yet, but soon will be. Meanwhile, you can take your Life Skills test in Tunisia.|
|IELTS Life Skills A1 or IELTS Life Skills B1 (950 LYD)||580 TND||Book a test in Tunisia|
|3100 EGP||Book a test in Egypt|
|1725 TRY||Book a test in Turkey|
What you need to book
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID - passport at hand. Please note you will have to present the same passport or national ID that you use for registration on test day. Different, invalid or expired passport or national ID card will not be accepted, and you will not be allowed to sit the test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. Please make a direct cash deposit to our bank account:
British Council; Nuran Bank (Tripoli Tower Branch, 8th Floor, T: +218 (0) 21 3351460); Account No: - 10005766020015
You must ensure that the Candidate Name, & Passport Number is recorded in the cash deposit receipt in the ‘deposited by’ section.
Once you have made the payment, please email a scan of 1) the bank cash deposit receipt with 2) a copy of your valid passport to email@example.com.
We need to receive both your ID document and proof of payment within three working days of your online registration. Unfortunately, if we do not receive these documents within three working days your application will be cancelled.
- If you need to know more about the IELTS test and the payment process, please don't hesitate to contact our exams team. By email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 218 (0) 92 6600332.
- Once you have made the payment, please keep your payment receipt and reference number.
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date
- your access to the free online preparation course Road to IELTS Last Minute Version.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results.