You can book your IELTS test with us online.
Before you book your test
- Make sure you have a form of valid passport at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidate (PDF 933 KB), which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either by certified cheque or debit card.
- You or someone you authorise need to come to the registration office at the British Council in Siyahia, to submit the following and complete registration:
- Confirmation letter printed out after completing your online registration.
- A clear coloured photocopy of your valid passport
- A certified cheque for the amount of LYD 425 payable to the ‘’British Council’’. You can also pay by a debit card.
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before or after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.