You can book your IELTS test with us online.
Before you book your test
- Make sure you have a form of valid passport at hand. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidate (PDF 933 KB), which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Enter your personal data by clicking on the following link https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/libya…. Please bear in mind that sessions will not be visible in the system after the registration deadline. Once your application has been submitted, you cannot go back to change your details.
- After you have completed the Application online, you will receive an automatic email confirming your registration. We need to receive payment within three working days of your online registration. Unfortunately, if we do not receive payment within three working days your application will be cancelled.
- You or someone you authorise would require to book an appointment first by sending an email to email@example.com or through phone 0926600332 before coming to the registration office at the British Council in Siyahia and submit the following to complete registration:
• Confirmation letter printed out after completing your online registration.
• A clear coloured photocopy of your valid passport
• The exam fee is LYD475 . Please note that we are accepting either bank card payments or cash deposit directly to our bank account. Please use the bank account details below; and please note that cash or certified cheques are not accepted.
Nuran Bank (Tripoli Tower Branch, 8th Floor, Landline: 021 3351460)
Account No: - 10005766020015
It is MANDATORY TO STATE THE CANDIDATES NAME AND PASSPORT NUMBER in the cash deposit slip under the ‘deposited by’ section.
Please keep your cash deposit slip and present to British Council to complete your registration.
Your registration shall be cancelled if you fail to complete your payment within three working days.
Cash deposits made within three days after registering online are entitled to be refunded as per the IELTS refund and cancelation policy. Please read here or visit our website for refund/cancellation policy https://www.britishcouncil.ly/…/…/cancellation-refund-policy
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before or after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.