When will I get my IELTS results?
You won’t have to wait long for your IELTS test results.
If you have taken IELTS on paper, you will be able to preview your results after 13 calendar days from the test date. You can check the results on the Test Taker Portal.
If you have taken IELTS on a computer at our centre, you will be able to preview your results after 3 to 5 calendar days from the test date. Check your results on the Test Taker Portal.
You can log in to the Test Taker Portal to preview your results. IELTS Results remain online for 28 days but should not be used as an official confirmation of your performance.
Please note that if you have taken IELTS for UKVI, the results cannot be viewed online, unless you were advised otherwise by the test centre prior to the results' release.
When will I get a physical copy of my result?
We will send out emails confirming that the Test Report Form (TRF), a paper copy of your IELTS test score, is ready for pick up from our British Council office in Siyahia. You can expect an email 13 days after the test date for IELTS on paper and 3 to 5 days after taking IELTS on a computer at our centre. IELTS results will not be disclosed over the phone or through email.
If you lose your Test Report Form or forget your test results, please contact your test centre.
We’ll send your Test Report Form (TRF) directly to the institutions you’re applying to
Institutions need original copies of your Test Report Form. Photocopies will not be accepted.
We can send up to five additional copies of your TRF directly to institutions you are applying to (for instance universities, immigration officers, etc.). If you would like us to do this, please include the relevant addresses when you book your test.
Please do not forget to give the full postal address of the institution. Without the complete address we are not able to check whether the institution has access to the IELTS Test Report Form Verification Service that allows it to view your results after we have submitted them electronically. In case they do not access this service, we will send your TRF by post.
Can I get additional copies of my IELTS results?
If you want us to send another copy of your TRF to a recognising organisation in addition to the five copies we provide, you will need to pay an additional charges fee. To confirm the fees, please contact your local test centre by sending an email to LY-Exams@ly.britishcouncil.org, or telephone 0926600332. Courier fees vary from one country to another.
If your test centre has been closed, you can order additional test report forms from ielts.org.
You will need to provide the institution’s address and fill in the “Application for Additional Test Report Form”. Attach a photocopy of your IELTS test result and passport to the application form and submit at the British Council office in Siyahia. We will then send the TRF directly to the institution.
Please note that an additional Test Report Form takes around 10 days to be processed.
Understanding your IELTS score
You will be awarded an IELTS band score from 0-9 for each test section, which reflects your proficiency in English.
Your TRF shows a score for each of the four skills (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking), as well as an overall band score. You can score whole band scores (for example 5.0, 6.0, 7.0) or half band scores (e.g. 5.5, 6.5, 7.5) in each section of the test.
IELTS results validity period
Organisations will usually not accept your results if they are more than two years old, unless you provide evidence that you have actively maintained or tried to improve your English since taking the test. The IELTS Partners cannot confirm the validity of test results that are more than two years old.
How can I get my IELTS test re-marked?
If you did not receive the score you expected, you can apply for your test to be re-marked. This is called an Enquiry on Results (EOR). You can choose which test sections you want to be re-marked and will need to request this at the test centre where you sat the test.
- The fee for this service is 545 LYD , which will be refunded if your score is increased for any section of the test.
- You need to apply for a re-marking no later than six weeks after the test date, regardless of whether you have taken computer-delivered or paper-based IELTS.
- The outcome of Enquiry on Results (EORs) can become available on the same day as your application and up to 21 days after your application. The time it takes depends on several factors, including the number of sections you’ve asked us to remark.
- Please contact us for further information about how the service works.
- Please download the EOR form here and send it by email
- EOR can be requested only once for a particular test session. If you are not satisfied with the EOR outcome the next step is the appeal procedures. IELTS Test Takers are able to appeal against decisions relating to results outcomes. Kindly read the detailed Appeals procedure in IELTS Appeals
- Please note that you are not permitted to access the work you produce in the IELTS test. Download the IELTS Notice to Candidate.
- You can submit an Enquiry on Results online from the Test Taker Portal. Alternatively, you can download the Enquiry on Results Form from the download section below and submit it to the test centre where you sat the test. Make sure you attach your proof of payment.
Can I re-take my IELTS test?
There are no restrictions on re-taking IELTS. You can book a test as soon as you feel you are ready to do so.
Please note that your score is unlikely to increase unless you make a significant effort to improve your English before re-taking the test. Visit the preparation section to take a practice test and assess your level.