The Linataawan project was launched in December 2019 to enhance the capacity and support of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) across Libya, by strengthening the systems that enable Libyan citizens to participate in local development and decision-making.
What do we aim to achieve?
- Improve the technical capacities, effectiveness, and accountability of Libyan CSOs.
- Increase awareness among citizens, local authorities, and policymakers about the role of CSOs as partners in local development, planning, delivery, and monitoring.
How do we aim to achieve it?
- Strengthen the institutional, organizational, and technical capacities of CSOs through tailored capacity-building programs, Training of Trainers, and small learning grants to implement projects that benefit their communities.
- Provide incubational support to emerging CSOs and establish physical Resource Centres in Tripoli and Benghazi to offer appropriate infrastructural capacity to support CSO initiatives.
- Increase civic engagement in communities by supporting municipal capacities by implementing concrete initiatives in cooperation with CSOs and citizens.
The Linataawan team
The project is co-funded by the European Union and implemented by British Council Libya in partnership with ACTED and CILG-VNG International.